Monday, May 4, 2015

Me-Made month...at one swipe



May - again. I admit I'm really not into Me-Made-May. No offense meant, but I generally bypass Me-Made posts. Just a personal preference - I enjoy posts about sewing and what folks are making. I'm grateful for the Pattern Review contests - they encourage lots of interesting discussion, even in May.

However, in the spirit of things, I'm sort of joining in - and getting past it in one go. My wardrobe revealed. Aside from intimates, winter coats, sweaters, some jeans, and a couple vintage denim jackets, everything I wear is me-made. So...

Dresses

Jackets

Blouses

Pants and tunics

PJ tops...

and bottoms and gowns

I'm the first one to admit that things get out of hand - no way can I wear all the clothes I make. I sew for the challenge, satisfaction, and joy. Like many sewists, I cull my wardrobe every six months or so, and donate.

And now - back to sewing!


Ciao! Coco

8 comments:

  1. I so agree with you. To me, sewing is a very enjoyable hobby and like you I have lots of clothes but I get enjoyment and relaxation from each item I make so I am happy with that. I also love buying patterns and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Donna. Love patterns and fabric. Better than chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Wow - so many lovely you made clothes. I must admit that I love seeing the MMM posts and seeing what people wear that they have made. You have made quite a collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously colourful closet Coco. I wear my own made clothes too about 90% of the time so M-M-M is not really a challenge for me it's just normal, although I do appreciate that for some people who only sew a little or are just starting out it is a good opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the documentation part of MMM- I wear mostly my stuff and like you- I have no problem thinning the herd- I like the activity more than the ownership, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed participating when I began sewing for myself seriously. I was eager to see what others did, and also to share my own "makes". Now, I make so much of my wardrobe, and have so many repeats, that it is not as exciting. I love developing a wardrobe, or capsule, and I love pattern buying, fabric buying for those types of projects. Your closet is really nice, and I recognize some of the things hanging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love it that you came by...and thank you for your comments! Coco